The government have accepted final JCVI advice which states the following people should be offered a COVID-19 booster vaccine this autumn:
- residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
- frontline health and social care workers
- all adults aged 50 years and over
- persons aged 5 to 49 years in a clinical risk group, as set out in the Green Book
- persons aged 5 to 49 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- persons aged 16 to 49 years who are carers, as set out in the Green Book.
A full copy of the final JCVI advice for COVID-19 boosters can be found here (www.gov.uk) and eligibility for the seasonal influenza immunisation here (www.gov.uk)
In the first instance, if you have online access please book your COVID vaccination by visiting: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
You can find our site at Nescot College by searching the postcode KT17 3DS
Alternatively, you can ring 119 to make an appointment locally. If you are happy to attend our site at NESCOT, you can also call 01372 232001 although please be advised that lines may be very busy. Please note, we cannot amend or cancel appointments made elsewhere. For adults aged 18+ and with no known allergies, the vaccine available will be Moderna Spikevax. We will not be co-administering flu and COVID boosters at NESCOT. As before, invites are likely to be phased by cohorts based on age and clinical need.